Thursday, August 23, 2012

LOTRO: Summer Festival

ScreenShot00012

Lord of the Rings Online Summer Festival has started.  It runs from August 23rd thru September 10th.   I logged Cilantro on, pictured above, and realized I had no desire to play LOTRO.  It’s a combination of several things, first and foremost is that I have no real love of, or attachment to, the story or books.  I couldn’t get into them as a child and while reading The Hobbit several years ago was a rewarding experience and clued me in on a lot of hidden gems in the other games I play, the overall story doesn’t hold my attention.  The second reason is much more fundamental, gameplay.  It feels slow and methodical to me.  I’m not sure why that is, it may be the difference between the fast paced action in games like Rift and Guild Wars 2, or it may be the lack of interest in the story.

I will follow the cosmetic blogs with interest but I just can’t see myself logging in to run festivals to dress characters I feel  blah about.  Doesn’t mean I won’t change my mind in a couple of months, I reserve that right after all I’m a woman!   The chances are great I’ll poke my head in for Winter Festival.  And pictures from the cosmetic blogs, and like the one above, serve as great reminders at just how beautiful the LOTRO world can be.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment