Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Gnomes

The second character I ever made on my non-trial account was a Gnome mage.  She was cute and so I went down that path with bind glee.  But soon I was faced with camera angles that drove me absolutely batty, a run that was hunched over like a bad case of scoliosis, and a whining voice that while cute grated after a while.

I convinced hubby to make a Gnome warlock to play with me, a plea I later regretted somewhat.  He has no trouble playing a Gnome, much to my disgust sometimes.   He managed to play a Gnome with no issues, I just couldn’t get over my issues with my mage and I eventually deleted her.  She was mid-50’s at the times, with maxed professions to 350 at the time. 

Then this was released last week, http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/3p9/gnomeregan2.xml.  I instantly didn’t regret re-subscribing  and was again excited to play WOW.   (Damn, I’m easy to please sometimes!)  I immediately logged in my main and traveled to IronForge.  I ran Gnomeregan for the first time, didn’t run a single instance while leveling until turning 80.    My main was now ready for the fun and games, but I wanted a Gnome to help regain Gnomeregan.

Hubby suggested making a Gnome.  It meant killing off an existing toon but I was game.  i had three choices in their 40’s, and picked my level 44 warrior to kill off.  He was my only male toon and he was frustrating and just too big sometimes.  Not to mention he’s dps output was pathetic most of the time.  So I killed him off and made  Gnome.  Shockingly, I picked warrior as the class for my new toon.  LOL

So with bright pink hair and what I knew would be a constant struggle with rage deficit, I set out to level my new Gnome.  Imagine my shock when I wasn’t struggling with rage management, things were dying right and left with ease, and her personality wasn’t nearly as annoying to me. I’m quite sure my heirlooms have made playing a warrior MUCH MUCH MUCH easier, although my killed off warrior had them too.  I created her last Friday in an effort to get to level 75 in time to get to participate in retaking the Gnome homeland.  Well, as off this morning’s maintenance she’s level 32 and leveling is so much easier than I thought it would be. 

She is a Fury warrior who only tanks when tanks rage quit an instance.  I have PVP’d with her and it’s a blast.  I top the charts and laugh constantly when stomping my way through Arathi Basin.  I will be 40 tomorrow, Thursday at the latest, and then I will attempt to get to 50 by next Tuesday.  Leveling slows down after 40, with the roughest patch being between 50 and 58 for me, needless to say I will level through Alterac Valley. 

More later on my adventures as a Gnome warrior…

No comments:

Post a Comment