Friday, May 4, 2012

LOTRO and the Dwarf Conundrum

I know there is only one female Dwarf mentioned in the works by Tolkien, Dis the sister of Thorin.  However, this presents quite the dilemma for those of us wanting to play a female dwarf in the online version of the game.  When I first started playing LOTRO I had just quite WOW after Cataclysm released.  I’ve always had a female dwarf character that healed and now suddenly I couldn’t.  Needless to say, I was frustrated and so DH suggested I make a Dwarf and play him as a girl.  I tried it, just didn’t feel right.
I’ve recently been playing a lot of LOTRO, and will continue to do so even when The Secret World releases, and the whole female dwarf issue was rumbling around the back of my brain.  After looking at CurvedSteel blog, I was excited to try and play a female dwarf.

ScreenShot00013  This is the screenshot of Storum the Ministrel I created this morning.  I tried to make the character look as feminine as possible.  ScreenShot00014  


I played until level 6 when I had access to my shared wardrobe.  


ScreenShot00015
ScreenShot00016


The end results did not satisfy me and thus I am going to be giving up my dream of a female dwarf.  I’d rather give up the dream then be in a constant state of flux and frustration with a character

No comments:

Post a Comment