Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Burnout and Rediscovery

It’s official, I’m burned out on WOW big time.  The release date for Cataclysm has been announced and I’m not at all interested or excited.  LOL  How very odd, since it feels like I spent the last year on pins and needles waiting for the expansion to be released.  Now, I’m quietly contemplating canceling my account yet again and moving on with my life.  If I continue to feel this way, I am going to cancel my account.

Lately Hubby has been playing a lot more 360 than WOW and I picked up my controller again yesterday morning at 5AM.  After waking up well before dawn and adding games to the Gamefly account, I was itching to play XBox.  So, I dug up my Fable II disc and popped it in the drive.  I hated it when I played it upon release, I literally didn’t make it through the first quest as a new character before setting it aside.  Hubby claims I had the WOW virus, LOL!  I’ve had the exact opposite reaction since the game loaded yesterday morning.  So much so in fact, that I have been the proverbial bump on the log ever since.  Moving from the sofa has been the exception rather than the rule.

It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice to just be playing for enjoyment and not grinding or watching “trade chat” insanity pass by.  I’ve had a blast.  I can quest to my heart’s content and it doesn’t affect anyone else.  I can’t continue to be a bump on the log, but it has been a glorious two days of gaming to the exclusion of all else.

No comments:

Post a Comment