Saturday, September 25, 2010

Horde vs. Alliance

Ok, I’m stating it right up front I hate the Horde.  I cannot, and this does not count death knights, level a Horde toon above level 44.  It’s not the character and it’s not the class … it is 100% the people that play Horde.

I got my Horde warlock to level 44 since my last posting.  She is going to sit at level 44 until I transfer her gold to another character after Cataclysm hits.  I have serious issues with the people that play Horde, beware sweeping generalizations to follow.  They are rude, immature, selfish, gossipy, petty, and whiny.  I cannot stand playing with characters that cannot stand up straight (i.e. Male orcs and trolls), that are so large that they fill up my entire screen, Taurens!  I am tired of healers that don’t heal, tanks that are too damn lazy to finish off tanking before they move on to the next mob, and the inability to buff a group.

Alliance is by no means perfect in any of the above but in general, they are MUCH better than any of the Horde groups I’ve experienced.  It is rare to have discussions in trade chat about how stupid the Horde is or how anyone plays Horde is beyond dumb.  Yet, I’d hear that conversation multiple times a day in Horde trade chat.  To be honest, Alliance players just don’t care that much about the daily life of players who play Horde.

So, out of frustration I started yet another Alliance character since I cannot get my Beta client to be stable long enough to log in.  In one week I’ve leveled her to 26 and it’s been a pleasure.  I’m sure she’ll get deleted or become my main on Skywall.  It is unlikely however without a serious push, i.e. gaming more than 16 hours a day, that I’ll get her to 80 prior to vacation.  That’s ok, I won’t be upset if she gets remade as a Dwarven warlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment